Make an appointment to see one of our therapists at 818-238-9895
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness that centers on the inability to control emotions or impulses that could result in the destruction of interpersonal relationships. Sometimes all relationships are affected and sometimes only one. Signs of BPD usually begin during adolescence or early adulthood.
While some persons with BPD are high functioning in certain settings, their personal lives may be in turmoil. Most people who have BPD suffer from problems regulating their emotions and thoughts and can engage in reckless behavior and unstable relationships.
Depression, anxiety, substance abuse and other personality disorders can often exist along with BPD.
A person with borderline personality disorder may experience:
- Intense outbursts of anger
- Impulsive aggression
- Distortions in thoughts and sense of self
- Self view of being fundamentally bad or unworthy
- Feeling isolated or lacking social support resulting in frantic efforts to avoid being alone
- Unstable patterns of attachment in social relationships
Make an appointment to see one of our therapists. Find out how we can help. Call today 818-238-9895.